Tuesday, June 16, 2009

21st Birthday

Yesterday I turned 21! I was born on my mom's birthday and my sister Andrea's birthday is the day after. This was my first birthday without my mom or sister, so that was kind of sad, but I still had a great birthday!



Once again being such a sweet husband, Jason woke up really early to make me a pankcake breakfast. Not only did he make me breakfast, but he cleaned the kitchen and living room (which were both a mess as a result of our final exams and previous celebration). I had a rehearsal with my trio at 9:00, but I didn't have my usual class from 10:00-11:50 so my Grandma Black came over to visit! It was so good to see her again. Even though I live in Utah, I don't get to see my extended family much because of my crazy schedule, so it really was a special treat to see her. She made me a delicious lemon bundt cake (so delicious I couldn't wait to take a picture before eating some).


I worked my normal shift from 12:00-7:00 (which I hope to never do again). After work, Jason made me a yummy spaghetti dinner with garlic toast. We played Ticket to Ride (the European version), watched Princess Diaries 2 (Mia has her 21st birthday), and ate MORE cake, but this time with candles and the birthday song.


1 comment:

Ciera said...

I was going to send you a happy birthday message but I couldn't remember what day exactly your birthday was, and there's nothing lamer than a happy birthday message the day before your birthday, except maybe a happy birthday message the day after your birthday. My apologies, and a very happy late birthday to you.