Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Exams...

Man, this week and last week have been so busy! The downside to taking GE's is all the tests! I guess I only had 2, but still. I hardly have time enough for homework and practicing as it is! Poor Jason will have had a total of...I think 4 tests. He's taking his last one tomorrow night.

Learning the trombone has been kind of difficult because I started the class 2 weeks late, our teacher has been absent a few days, and Jason can't teach me like he can the clarinet. So that leaves probably 3 classes I have attended with our professor present. I missed all of the basics of how to play the trombone, so I have had to learn tidbits here and there from other students. Luckily, it seems to be a pretty easy instrument to learn (much easier than clarinet), but I have still been unsure if I am even playing it correctly. Today I received my answer. In class, Dr. Kimball gave us some time to practice for our next playing test. During that time he came up to me and asked "are you doing ok?". I told him I didn't know if I was even playing it right, so he asked me to play for him. To my surprise he told me I am holding it right, my embouchure is good, and my sound is good (and could be improved if I blow harder). So that was a relief.

1 comment:

Penni said...

Hi Katie! I added you to my blog list (I hope you don't mind). :) Congrats on your marriage!! You have such an awesome major...how cool to learn all the different instruments.