Sunday, October 5, 2008

Reunion

Friday night was Jason's mission reunion (he served in Sao Paulo Brasil), held in a chapel south of Salt Lake City. There were lots of return missionaries there, many of which brought girlfriends, fiances, and wives (and there were 2 babies). It was fun to finally meet his mission president and the president's wife since I've heard so much about them. I was excited to hear that they love Texas (they lived in the Richardson Stake where I grew up, but moved before I was born). They bought a house in Provo only a few minutes away from our house. They had a nice fireside, sang songs in Portuguese, and the most recently returned missionary gave an update on the area. Afterwards, they had cookies, brownies, and a Brasilian drink that I can say, but I'm not going to attempt to spell. We had a great time.

General Conference has been wonderful, as always. One of my favorite talks was Elder Perry's talk about simplifying life. My life has been absolutely crazy lately with work, school, a house to take care of, and a husband that I'd rather spend my whole day with; simplifying my life sounds really good. My other favorite talk was the one about angels. I can't remember whose talk it was, but, like my mom was saying, it was really cool to hear about angels in conference. I also really liked the story about when Clyn Barrus was a little boy. Clyn was the BYU orchestra director before the current one and he taught private lessons to my viola professor.

Well, here goes another busy week!

3 comments:

stef said...

that's so cool that you were able to go to jason's mission reunion. they really are a lot of fun.. guess what?! I'm FINALLY going to be an auntie!!

Melissa said...

We went to one of Cory's mission reunions. It was fun to finally meet some of the companions he had talked about. I'm glad you got to go.

Ciera said...

ah, there is a Portuguese class that is in the same room as my French class but the hour before, so sometimes when I go in for class there is still writing on the board and I always think of Jason and wish I could read it. He should teach me some and I could impress everyone there :)