Monday, June 7, 2010

Baby things and Us things

Over the past number of weeks, more like months, Jason and I have been very involved in preparing and planning for Callie's arrival. As each weekend approaches and we think about what we want to do together, our plans usually involve doing "baby things." This past weekend I asked Jason if he wanted to do more "baby things" on Friday night and he responded that he wanted to do some "us things" instead, so I surprised him after work with a picnic in the park and a short game of catch (part of his on-going attempt to teach me how to throw and catch a baseball. Even though my parents joke that I was raised on a softball field, I never really mastered the catch and throw myself). We had a great time together!

My pregnancy is still going well and is coming to a close! We're down to weekly doctor's appointments now (no progress yet toward labor). I feel like I'm carrying around a basketball of a tummy, and I think it's getting pretty squished in there because of the smaller amount of food that fits in my stomach at one time, the shortness of breath, the difficulty in bending over and getting up, etc. I'll have to post a picture soon.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yes, you will have to post a picture SOON before it's too late. Take advantage of all of the "us time" that you can because pretty soon life will completely revolve around little Callie. Hang in there, the last month