Friday, July 30, 2010

One Month Old

Callie is now one month old! I can't believe how quickly time is going. During Callie's first few weeks, my parents, sister Andrea, and Andrea's two kids visited. My mom stayed with us for almost a month--she was such a great help to us as we adjusted to having a baby. I loved spending time with my sister. I don't get to see my sisters often enough so that was a special treat.

My recovery has been more difficult and...complicated than I had anticipated. The first 3 weeks were especially hard, but after many tears, seeing 3 different doctors (4 visits total), and taking 6 different medications, I am on the mend and am feeling much better.

Callie is doing wonderful. For the most part, she sleeps great at night. She's been going to bed around 8:00 or 9:00 and only wakes up once or twice during the night. I love being home with her all day.

Here are some things she enjoys:
-sleeping (especially in anyone's arms, but she does well in her crib too)
-eating
-tummy time (but it usually doesn't last long)
-her pacifier
-her swing
-car rides

Here are some things she doesn't enjoy:
-baths
-being naked
-having her diaper changed
-being put in or taken out of her car seat (although she loves being in it while the car is moving or while daddy swings it)

I've posted a lot of pictures on my facebook, but here are some recent pictures of her as well as a video. The video is for Grandma Black (too big to e-mail).









4 comments:

Stefi Patterson said...

Oh she is so precious!!!! I absolutely L-O-V-E that first picture of jason and her. It melts my heart. I am sorry you had a rough beginning but I bet its all worth it. She is beautiful.

Andrea said...

Oh, I miss that sweet girl! Love the pics. So cute! Glad you're feeling better, though. Love you all.

Jenna said...

She is so darling!! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

The McGary's said...

Hey! I came across your blog through Kelsie. I am Jason's cousin. Callie is so precious and glad you are finally starting to feel better. Aren't babies so fun?:)