Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Callie the Counter


I'm not quite sure when or how it happened, but a month or so ago, we realized Callie could count all the way to 6. Shortly after that she learned the rest of the way to 10. Today I caught her counting while she was playing with her hair things, which she calls bracelets. She makes a huge mess with them every time, but they entertain her for long periods of time, so I let her. Anyway, this was too cute. She was so involved in her little game, that she didn't ever notice that I was recording her.

Madison is officially 2 months old today! She's such a cutie--smiling and cooing. She's becoming much more active for longer periods of time. She also started waking up just once a night this week, which has been so nice!

I have been packing like crazy. Well, at least it feels like I'm packing nonstop. Between taking care of my babies and packing, I only get 2 or 3 boxes packed each day, but I've made great progress over the past week. 

Yesterday, it hit me how sad I am about leaving Utah behind. I've lived here for 6 years minus about 8 months (one summer in between semesters at BYU and Jason's internship). I met and fell in love with my husband here. I have almost spent all of my married life here. I went to college here. I had both of my babies here. I gained a second family here, my in-laws, whom I love and am close with. My parents are close to Utah. Since my parents moved to Idaho, I have been able to spend a lot of time with them, which has been so wonderful. I can't even imagine being so far away from them again. I love my ward and the life we have made for ourselves here.

But, at the same time, I have been excited to get back to Texas for years. I now have both of my sisters in Texas, which is a dream come true! I have always looked up to them and admired them for their many talents and wonderful personalities. I have always looked to their good examples and wanted to be just like them. I'm also excited to start out fresh in a new place with new people, even though I know it will take time to feel like home and to be comfortable there.

Just one more week and about 11 hours until we move...

1 comment:

Wirsch Family said...

That video is soooo cute! We watched it 3 times! Owen just loved seeing Madison too. We're going to miss you guys so much!