Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bow Holds and Headbands

 A while back, I posted this picture of Callie playing her "viola". If you'll notice, she's holding her "bow" in the wrong hand, her hand is halfway up her "bow" and she's just holding it in her fist.
Busy season is upon us. Jason is working later now and has been working at night on weekends to lighten his load on weekdays. I feel bad that he usually works after I go to sleep until around midnight on weekends, but I'm so grateful during the week when he comes home at a decent hour.Today, she grabbed her "viola" once again and said, "look at my bow hold, Mommy!" She is now holding it with her hand at the end of the "bow", and is holding it between her thumb and fingers. I was so impressed! This happened without any direct teaching on my part. I guess she actually learns something playing around in the same room while I teach my violin lesson every week. 
A couple of weeks ago, while working on rhythm with my student, Callie decided to clap and count along with us. She wasn't quite clapping on the beat, but she got the idea. It's amazing what a 3 year old can pick up just being exposed to music, and in this case teaching music to someone else.

Madison loves to wear this headband. Anytime she sees it laying around, she puts it on herself and wears it for a significant period of time. She won't wear any other headband I put on her for very long, but she likes this one.

















post signature

1 comment:

Carlie said...

That is impressive that she is learning how to hold the "viola" already! Looks like you have a little musician on your hands!