Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

Well, Jason and I had a great Thanksgiving, but it went by way too quickly. We had Wednesday through Sunday without school. It was a really nice break from our hectic lives. Here's our week in a glance:


Wednesday: We worked 8-5, which is kind of lame, but that was also time spent doing homework (which probably wouldn't have been done otherwise) and getting paid for it! Jason and I both had huge research papers to do as well as the normal studying.


Thursdsay: We had Thanksgiving dinner with the Allphin family at his aunt and uncle's. Out of all the delicious food my favorites were the mashed potatoes, turkey, rolls, and pumkin pie. These are pretty much always my favorites. I haven't had homemade rolls in a looong time (Thanksgiving last year), so that was very exciting.


Friday: Because of Jason's fond childhood memories and the desire to get some Christmas shopping done with good prices, we decided to participate in the insanity of Black Friday. Our determination after experimentation: NOT WORTH IT. Pretty sure I'll never do that again. We woke up at about 4:30 in the morning, drug ourselves to Walmart where we found hoards of people gathered around the palettes ready to claw at the merchandise. We came out with about 6 DVD's. They were good prices, but for all we went through it wasn't worth it. Then we headed over to Target. It wasn't quite as bad, but we again didn't come out with much. We went to a couple more stores to do more productive shopping and then went home and slept for a couple of hours. It was crazy, tiring, and not very fun.

Saturday: As I said earlier, Jason and I both had big papers to write. Unfortunately we didn't realize before the weekend that two papers and one laptop doesn't really work so well. My sisters and I decided to do homemade gifts this year for each other's families so I worked on those all Saturday while Jason worked on his paper.

Sunday: Jason and I presented our sharing time about treating God's children with kindness and respect. After worrying about what in the world we would do for sharing time, I discovered an outline on the primary section of the church website. I wish I had known about that before frantically trying to pull something together last Saturday night so we could prepare the kids. We had been given a pamphlet that had a section about sharing time with the weekly themes, but ours didn't offer much help. It just said what the theme was and gave a couple of scriptures. Anyway, I used that outline and it went...alright. After church I finally finished my paper, and then we went to the Allphin's (like we always do) for dinner and games.

It was a great Thanksgiving weekend, but like I said, it went way too quickly. We now only have a week and a half left of classes and then we have finals!

2 comments:

stef said...

That's awesome! Darin and I went there to celebrate our sixth month last friday too! Cause this friday we will be at cousin Tyler's wedding reception.

stef said...

yup thats this Friday.