Monday, July 27, 2009

Fingerprints

I had to get fingerprints and FBI clearance for a class I'm taking in the fall for music education, but before I could get my fingerprints I had to register with the state (fill out some online form and pay $79). The fingerprints cost another $10. I didn't realize how expensive fingerprints could be. I think they should pay me for taking my fingerprints. Anyway, I went to a place on campus that does them. They do electronic scans of your fingerprints. It took forever! My fingers were apparently dry (it probably doesn't help that they're also caloused from playing viola), so the guy had to keep getting them wet with a water bottle. It was an interesting experience.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That's funny. I just went through the same thing to be a teacher's aide. Yeah - it's dang expensive. And it took forever. Oh, I guess you know that since I missed half the movie because of it!

Ciera said...

I have an image of you, looking bewildered, being soaked in bowls of water while a balding man frantically jumps from machine to machine trying to figure out why you don't have any fingerprints.
Ah, to have been there!