Monday, August 3, 2009

Taste of Home

Friday night, Jason took me to the new Texas Roadhouse in American Fork. We pass it on our way to Jason's parents' house so we have watched it being built for the past couple of months and have been so excited to go. It was really really busy. Our wait time was about an hour and a half, but it was definitely worth it. Their food was great, the atmosphere was great, and the prices were better than we expected. They had these amazing dinner rolls that were almost sweet and came with honey cinammon butter. Oh, and they had line dancing. I was tempted to get up and join them! It's been way too long since I've line danced. We had a great time, and I felt right at home.

Side note: Something that first caught our attention at the Texas Roadhouse was the Texas flag on top of the restaurant. The Texas flag flies at the same height as the USA flag (as can be seen frequently in Texas, if not flying higher than the USA flag). I realized that I have never actually seen a Utah flag around in Utah. In contrast, it's hard to take a drive anywhere in Texas and not see a Texas flag. I found it amusing that here I am in Utah, and even though I do not see a Utah flag flying, there is still a Texas flag flying.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVE Texas Roadhouse rolls! Yummy. Yea, I don't even know what a Tennessee flag looks like, but I do know what the Tennessee football logo is. Those are EVERYWHERE!!!

Matthew and Shanna said...

I have actually noticed the same thing about the flags and found it quite funny! We will have to go try out that place.

jenna said...

haha I love it. and yea-no idea what the Kansas flag looks like.