Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Classes

This is my last winter semester ever!!! I can also officially say that I graduate in less than a year! Here's a brief look at my classes this semester:

1. String Workshop (second half): we learn how to play and teach all of the stringed instruments. I played the cello for the first time today and loved it! I'll also be playing the violin briefly this semester.

2. Instrumental Practicum: learning all of the nuts and bolts of teaching (scheduling, budgets, how to choose repertoire, etc.). We also do more conducting in this class.

3. Pre-student teaching: I go to Springville High School for one class period to start teaching in a real classroom (the teacher there says I should be teaching the whole class period on my own by the end of the month--scary!).

4. General Music Methods: this class focuses mostly on teaching elementary-aged kids (and acting like them; during the first class period we sang and danced around the room). We'll also be helping out and teaching in our teacher's music pre-school for kids ages 2-4.

5. Multicultural Education: this class focuses on "designing and adapting instruction for diverse learners, collaborating with families, cultures, and communities in promoting and sustaining learning."

6. Adolescent Development: pretty self-explanitory. This class won't start until halfway through the semester so I don't know much about it yet.

Jason is continuing in the accounting junior core and all of its pertaining joy.
It should be a great semester!

2 comments:

Ciera said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU FINALLY PLAYED THE MOST EXCELLENT INSTRUMENT IN THE WORLD!
Listening to the cello is like listening to melted chocolate. But maybe I'm a little biased.

Jenna said...

That is the high school Cole went too!!