Sunday, September 9, 2012

Callie's Crib Adventures Continue

Callie has begun an awful habit of getting into Maddie's crib every morning and waking her up. Aside of not wanting Maddie woken up, I'm afraid Callie's going to hurt her when she gets in. I've been telling her it's a "no no" and I have discussed why she shouldn't be doing it, but I'm not sure the message is sinking in. I don't really want to start off our morning by punishing her. Any suggestions?

So Callie not only gets in the crib in the morning, but she also does it during the day. She's figured out how to use various objects in her room to get in and out of the crib (every time I take one away, she finds a new one). She love using the crib to put her babies to sleep. I've thought about getting a little baby doll crib to see if she'll use that instead.

Yesterday, I set up the pack 'n play in our closet for Madison to nap in during the day to give her a better chance at having uninterrupted naps. Callie thought it was pretty cool and of course threw her babies in it yesterday. This morning, while Jason and I were eating breakfast, Jason realized it had been a while since we had seen or heard Callie. He went exploring and found her asleep in the pack 'n play. Pretty funny. She had woken up too early after going to bed late last night, so I wasn't that surprised that she fell asleep. Jason then asked her if she could get out and she said, "too hard, I can't" (her current favorite thing to say), but as she was showing him that it was too hard, she did it. So she can now get in and out of the pack 'n play unassisted. She thinks she's pretty cool.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Your scissor attack story is hilarious!!! Cory is the doctor in our home. Whenever there is anything worse than a tiny cut, he is the one to take care of things...except when he's not home, and then I freak out.