Thursday, October 25, 2012

Half a Year

Madison is 6 months old! I guess the past couple weeks have gone by really fast, because I've been thinking she was 5 1/2 months old, but this morning I looked at the date and realized she's 6 months today! 
This little smile melts my heart.

She has seemed so grown up lately. More like a baby and less like an infant. She follows Callie's every move. She's less entertained by the little baby toys and is more interested in everything else. 

She's very very attached to me and she knows that I'm the one who knows what she wants and needs. When Daddy is holding her while I'm making dinner and she's upset about something, she leans around Daddy and the big rocking chair so she can cry right to me. Even if she calms down and gets distracted, the second she sees me walk past or look at her, she'll cry at me. Jason thinks she doesn't like him. I keep trying to tell him that it's because he's home during her cranky time--nighttime. 

After a couple weeks of enduring the rice cereal, we switched to oatmeal, which she very much prefers. Her eating is evolving. Her mouth is starting to do different things, trying to figure out how to deal with solids. She likes to stick out her tongue sometimes when I try to feed her. It's hilarious. I tried to get a picture, but failed. 


She's got a new trick up her sleeve. You may or may not be able to tell in the picture, but she can balance on three limbs instead of 4. She uses this trick when trying to look up to see what I'm doing, to use one hand to play with something, or just to pose and look cute (as pictured).
I know she still looks pretty bald, but her hair is growing longer. It's really light and thin. In case you've forgotten what Callie looked like at 6 months, here she is below on the left (notice how much more hair Callie had--and those little puckered lips). I just still think it's so crazy that they look so different. They both came from Jason and I and they're wearing the same clothes (not in the picture, but in general). Shouldn't they be twins? But they most certainly are not.

Here's a picture of me at 6 months.
I know I'm pulling a funny face, but who do you think looks more like me?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow!!! You and Maddie look like twins!!!

becky said...

I agree with Melissa! You and Maddie do look alike!