Monday, October 1, 2012

Haunted

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but there are particular smells, feels, and tastes that bring back memories of being so nauseated during pregnancies. I spent most of last fall pregnant and very nauseous. I was driving Jason to work/school most mornings and I was also taking walks or playing basketball in the mornings. I remember, all too clearly, walking out of the house in the cool morning air, feeling quite sick. Also, the days when I left the house  to go grocery shopping or whatnot, having just put on my make-up, I would walk out of the house and feel sickened when I smelled the combination of fresh air and my fresh make-up (specifically my foundation).

Lately, as the temperature has started dropping, I am haunted by the memories of feeling so sick when I feel the cool morning air and/or smell my fresh make-up. It's really grossing me out...It also makes me sad because I am loving the cooler temperatures and love fall, but I'm having a hard time getting past the memories of awfulness so that I can actually enjoy it. 

Does anyone else have those issues?

No comments: