Thursday, February 19, 2015

Daddy Date

post signatureJason likes to take the girls on Daddy Dates every once in a while. I love that he takes the time to spend time with them one on one and to make them feel special. The girls love it too. Jason is taking Callie to the Dallas Symphony's Disney concert this Friday night, so he took Madison on her own Daddy Date last night.

Madison 
Madison has always been a momma's girl, but she was especially that way during this last busy season when Jason was not home as much. She didn't want him to do anything for her and she would throw huge fits anytime he tried. In an effort to help the situation, he started taking her on regular Daddy Dates. The first one he took her on she didn't want to go and just talked about going home to mommy during her date, but after that she warmed up to them and to him.


Last night on their date he took her to get ice cream and then to Target to look at baby dolls (a favorite Daddy Date activity enjoyed by both girls). Jason told me about her running down the aisles calling for him to follow her and look at various things. She found a bouncy ball and threw it a long ways down the aisle (and even hit an unsuspecting passerby), she tried on hats, and she found DVD's of her favorite shows. As Jason described it, I could picture her big smile and feel her energy as she ran down the aisles excitedly showing her daddy everything.

That's how Madison approaches life. With a big smile and lots of energy and passion. She dives headfirst into everything she does with no reservations. Frequently her hugs come after running full-force at her intended target. She loves to put her hands on my cheeks and pull  my face to hers to give her a big kiss, lips to lips. (Because of my germ-a-phobia and disinterest in getting whatever is on their little mouths on mine, I don't usually kiss my kids on the lips. I usually kiss their foreheads or cheeks, but Maddie demands more from me.)

Love. Joy. Passion. Energy. Determination. Fearlessness. Those are some words I use to describe Madison.


1 comment:

Launa said...

What a great way to create a bond. I'm glad Jason takes the time to bond with the girls. You are both such great parents! Thanks for being such a great wife, mommy and daughter! Love you all! Mom