Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

Halloween was pretty fun. I had to work till 7, but we did have a party at work...sort of. Our party was in our "new" office (I'll discuss later), and there were 6 different times we could go in designated groups so that there were always people on the phones. I was assigned to go in the last group at 4:30. The group before us was really late getting back (15 minutes) and we didn't want to leave 3 people to handle all the calls (don't ask me why people would worry about their online classes on Halloween anyway). So we finally got to the party at 4:50. Now the party was supposed to consist of the Charlie Brown Halloween, Pin the Hat on the Witch, a cake walk, a costume contest, food and homemade root beer. When we arrived, they were already cleaning up, so we took some of the remaining food (the root beer was gone) and talked...Kinda lame, but whatever. I was being paid to eat food and relax for 20 minutes.

Jason had a nice surprise for me when I got home (he gets off at 5:00). He had cleaned the house and moved the couch in front of the TV with Halloween-ish movies and candy laid out. We made dinner (chicken and salad) and then enjoyed our evening together.

Yesterday was pretty busy. I now teach four students (one started yesterday), so that filled up my morning. Jason always does the yard work while I'm teaching. He mowed the lawn and cleaned up tons of leaves. Then we had our primary class party. We had planned to eat pizza, play games, and have a store for the points they had earned for being good. We passed out invitations last Sunday, but only ONE out of 6 kids came...so Leilani, Jason, and I ate pizza (we bought 2 pizzas), played Life, and Leilani picked out her prizes and went home. It was kind of disappointing, but we plan to actually call the parents next time in the hope of greater attendance. This morning in primary, three of the boys were sitting together at the other end of the row, and one of them came up to me with the saddest face and said "we all forgot to come to the party." It was really cute.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is so cute that you had a class party all planned. What great teachers ya'll are. Sounds like you had a great Halloween with Jason. He is so thoughtful.