Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I liked Melissa's idea of thankful Thursday, so I want to add my own thanks.

Today I am thankful for the angels in my life. I loved Elder Hollands talk in general conference about angels. He talked about the people in our lives who can act as angels bringing us strength, comfort, and joy. Jason and I had a sweet angel (or angels) perform a simple act of kindness last week. Jason and I got home one night after a long day of school and work to find a surpise on our doorstep. Someone had left two carved pumkins and a plate of halloween cookies. They didn't leave a card or anything else to give away their identity. It was such a simple thing, but it really touched me. I can't explain the joy and love I felt from two carved pumkins and a plate of cookies.

Angels often come as an answer to prayer, and they manifest the Lord's love and concern for his children. You never know when you will be able to act as someone else's angel, but the impact that you can have on that person is great.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a sweet thing to do for someone!! Many times it is through others' examples that we learn and desire to be a little more angelic ourselves.

I am so glad that you are doing Thankful Thursdays as well. :)

Love ya!!!