Friday, July 27, 2012

3 Months

Madison turned 3 months on Wednesday! It is crazy to me how fast time has gone. In my head, she's still a newborn. I have absolutely loved being with her 24/7 to hold her and watch her and snuggle with her. With Callie, I was away student teaching all day for months 2-5. I only saw her in the morning to feed her, dress her, and drive her to Grandma's. Then late afternoon I picked her up, drove home, and had to juggle feeding her, preparing my teaching, spending what little time I could with Jason, cooking/cleaning, oh and trying to relax. That experience has made me so grateful that I have the blessing of staying home with my kids.
At 3 months, Madison is a very smiley baby. It's so easy to make her smile. She's a very happy girl.

Our move to Texas messed up the beginning of her sleeping through the night. I think she's only done it twice since. On a normal night she'll go to sleep around 9:00, wake up at 2:30, and then again around 6:30.

Nursing is still going really well. I can't complain too much about not sleeping through the night, because I prayed so many times while pregnant that nursing would go well this time around, even if that meant sacrificing some sleep or something else. I just desperately needed nursing to go well, and that prayer has been answered (every part of it).

Madison LOVES her big sister. Anytime Callie is in the room, Madison looks around to find her and frequently smiles at her.



 Madison has become interested in toys. She loves laying on her little play pad with jingly toys dangling above her. She hits them and sometimes grabs them. 

On Tuesday, she rolled over from her tummy to her back for the first time (and the only time so far). Then yesterday she rolled over twice from her back to her tummy. I tried so hard all day long to get a video of it. I think I took a dozen videos ranging from 5-10 minutes, but didn't catch it! Maybe today.

One of my favorite things in the world is when Madison and Callie look into each other's eyes and smile. There's so much love there, and it's so amazing to watch.

On a different note, Callie has been driving me crazy!!! I love her so much, of course, and about half the time she is such a joy. But that other 50% of the time (maybe I'm exaggerating, but that's what it feels like), she is so whiny! She cries and whines and gets into trouble and doesn't obey me. I know she has been having a hard time lately with my giving attention to Madison, we did just move, and she is 2 (I guess they call it the "terrible two's" for a reason) but goodness! At what age will the whining stop? Probably never...

Good thing she's so cute...



2 comments:

Melissa said...

Nope. The whining never ends. I'm 31 and I still whine. :) I love the stage Madison is at. Isn't it so much fun to have two little girls?!

Launa said...

I'm so glad you are able to stay home this time, I know it was hard on you having to leave Callie everyday, but I sure had fun.
There is NOTHING better than being a mommy!