Monday, July 30, 2012

"Diberint Baby"

I used to be able to hide things from Callie and she would forget about them, never worrying about them again. That's no longer the case. This girl has a great memory, especially for things she really likes.

This is Callie holding My Twin Doll that my mom bought me for Christmas when I was a little girl. They had a catalog with different hair color/style/thickness, eye color/shape, eyebrow color/shape, and everything else to make the doll look like the child (hence the name). They even let you add things like birth marks and moles. So, needless to say, this is a special doll.

In the process of unpacking and organizing things, I made the mistake of opening my box of sentimental childhood things with this doll in it while Callie was nearby. She immediately saw my doll and wanted her. I didn't want her to have her because I was afraid she would ruin her. She started crying and I could see that she desperately wanted to play with her, so I gave in and let her. Ever since that day, I have tried hiding My Twin Doll in hopes that Callie would just forget about her, but every time, within days (or sometimes hours), Callie comes to me asking for the "diberint baby" (translation: different baby).

Sometime last week, I once again hid my doll from Callie, sticking her on a shelf up high in my closet. It had been days and it seemed she had finally forgotten her. Today, as she was piling her dolls in Maddie's infant tub, Callie came running up to me asking for the "diberint baby". I tried to play dumb, but she even took me into my closet, reaching right up to that shelf where the doll was hidden. There's no fooling her.

I guess My Twin Doll with have to become that special doll that Callie gets to play with on request, because she's apparently not going to forget about her.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I understand your frustration.. but that is soo adorable :)

Wirsch Family said...

Oh how I miss Callie and all her babies. haha. It's so cute how they all have a different name. We need to skype soon! I miss you guys. It makes it even harder when I read your posts and see the cute pictures.

Launa said...

I too miss you guys so much! I'm going to have to keep up with your blogs and see what I'm missing:(
Love you guys!!