Sunday, February 3, 2013

Madison at 9 Months


Stats
 Weight: 15 lb 3 oz (<5 nbsp="" p="">
Length: 26.6" (20%) 
Head: 17 1/2" (55%)

I knew she was tiny, but I didn't think she was less than the 5th percentile! Maybe it's because she's so active, because she definitely eats a lot. Or maybe she's lost some weight being sick lately. She has been eating less than usual.






Madison's Development
Madison has been standing up while holding onto things for a few months, but she is starting to stand a little longer on her own (like the middle picture below). She can stand for up to 5 seconds on her own. She's also getting closer to being able to stand from sitting. If she is leaning on my legs or something close to the ground, she can stand from there.

This silly girl also likes to come and attach herself to my legs with a crazy strong grip. She'll stand, hanging onto me, which means I can't move anywhere, and it's quite a task to detach her from my pants.



This month, she started closing her eyes when she was done eating something. Whenever I would put a spoonful of food close to her mouth, she'd do her funny little cue telling me she was done. She doesn't do it as much anymore (probably because I was so amused that I kept taking pictures instead of responding to her cues). 

We're also venturing into finger foods. It's a little difficult when she doesn't have any teeth, but she loves it. The other night, I made some baked sweet potato fries for dinner. Jason was holding her while eating and he let her try a fry. She loved it and begged for more, so I put her in her Bumbo and gave her some cut up fries. She gobbled them up.



 Madison is getting a little more feisty with Callie. She's endured 9 months of bullying from Callie and now she's starting to retaliate. Sometimes when Callie comes over to take a toy away, Madie starts waving her arms and protesting with little yells. It's so funny! 


Poor little Madison has been sick the past week (along with the rest of us). On Thursday, she came crawling into the living room where I was and she was wheezing and breathing hard. This continued into Friday, so I called to see if we could get her in sooner for her Well Baby Check (scheduled for 2:00 that afternoon). They told us to come in right away. 

After checking her breathing, doing a breathing treatment, and checking her oxygen levels, the doctor said she has reversible wheezing (sometimes called baby asthma) with her cold or RSV. He sent us home with the breathing treatment machine and prescription for the Albuterol. He said this could be a one-time thing, or it may come back every time she gets sick (in which case we'd need to buy one of those machines), but she should grow out of it. Hopefully she'll start feeling better soon!

No comments: