Monday, January 28, 2013

Fruit Loops

To follow up from my last post, we took Callie to church in panties and she did great! No accidents! She went to the potty twice during the first hour and then we sent her to nursery. When I told her nursery teacher that she's potty training and was wearing panties, I got a deer-in-the-headlights look, so I was so worried that she wouldn't ask Callie if she needed to go or that Callie would be too afraid to say she had to go. I pushed away my temptations to go check on her and just waited it out. I was so happy to find out after church that she had gone potty once and had no accidents.


Here's what Callie likes to do with her fruit loops. She bites half and puts the other half on the table. I remember doing this with one of my snacks at lunch in elementary school. 
Bugle snacks in a bowl, from General Mills
Bugles, in case you don't know what I'm talking about.
I would take a bite, leaving the small end and have a whole pile of ends that I didn't eat. I don't think I did it every time, and I'm not sure why I did it. I think I was just being silly. The funny thing is I do similar things with my food sometimes. Jason doesn't understand it and thinks I'm crazy. Usually it happens when I eat a sandwich or burger. I eat all of it but the last little bit--maybe a bite or two. Maybe it's because I get sick of eating it or maybe it's because I'm too full and can't even eat one more bite. Maybe I'm just weird. 

Jason told me recently that he's sees a lot of me in Callie. He says that we are both prone to having accidents (dropping things, falling, spilling, etc.). Luckily Callie has not stabbed herself with scissors or anything serious. We have decided it must in my genes and it must be a hereditary thing since Callie has this problem too. Jason doesn't just randomly drop a bowl full of baby cereal on the ground like I do. Nor does he break his toe just by walking through the house (I did that about a month ago). And he doesn't understand how I do those things. I'm laughing now because I don't know how it happens either.

Call it clumsiness, not thinking before acting, not being careful enough, or being accident prone. Whatever you want to call it, it makes life interesting (not always in a good way).

Does anyone else have this problem?

2 comments:

becky said...

Katie, I occasionally have my moments of clumsiness, which usually come when I am real tired or very distracted both of which you probably are most of the time with two little ones! Some sleep usually solves it.

Launa said...

Ask jason about the time he dropped the cup or bowl on his toe and he had to get stitches. :)