Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Latest Adventures: Madison

As an attempt to do some catching up on my blog, here's my Latest Adventures series!

As you already know, Madison recently got her first teeth. Here she is completely miserable before they came through.
But now she's a happy girl again, and she quite likes her teeth. She's become very interested in my teeth as well and often hangs onto them while nursing (not always very comfortable for me, especially when her sharp little nails dig into my gums). We have had fun expanding her food selection to small pieces of table food. Just last night she got to eat rice and corn along with us.

Along with getting her first teeth, Madison's modes of transportation have evolved.
About a month ago, she started walking while pushing this car or our little stroller.

A couple weeks ago, she figured out how to crawl on her hands and feet to prevent sore knees on the hard floors.
Then, a week and a half ago, she took her first steps on her own!! We have not caught it on camera yet, but she's sure excited about it.

Madison also recently had her first bath in the big tub. As you can tell, she thoroughly enjoyed it.

 
She loved eating the bubbles.


Madison now knows some words as well. Mama, dada, hi, and bye.

She continues to be a mommy's girl. She is attached to my hip. The other night, I was trying to make dinner and she just wanted to be held, so I put her in a baby carrier. She was in h-e-a-v-e-n. She does not like being separated from me. She rarely goes to Daddy (or anyone) willingly and I usually have to be out of the room for it to be okay. On Tuesdays, I teach violin to a girl in our ward while her mom babysits the girls in Callie's room. As soon as this lady walks in the door, Madison starts screaming because she knows she's about to be taken away from mommy. The one nice thing is that as long as I cannot be seen or heard, she's perfectly fine with me gone.

In less than a month, she'll turn one. I can't believe she's already that old!

No comments: