Saturday, August 11, 2012

Callie's Naptime

Today, Callie's been busy playing with just about all of her babies--feeding them in her high chair, swinging them in Maddie's swing, putting them on Maddie's play mat to play, lining them up on the couch, tucking them in her bed, and brushing their hair.

A little while ago, it was time for Callie's nap, so I gathered up all of her babies that were strewn about the house (including Teddy and Minnie Mouse, who had been included in the baby fun) and lined each side of Callie's bed with them (she insists on sleeping with all of them). She was still pretty actively engaged in her "play zone", as I call it, so I told her I'd read her some books in the rocking chair.

She brought Different Baby (previously known as Diberent Baby) and Heavy Baby to put on my lap for story time, and then she climbed up on my lap. A few seconds later she got back down and brought over more babies. This happened a couple more times, so I ended up with Pretty Baby, Orange Baby, my Cabbage Patch Doll (unnamed), Grandma's Baby, Minnie Mouse, and Teddy--the whole gang--on my lap. Oh, and her beloved blankie. By this point, as you can imagine, there was no room on my lap for Callie, so she pulled up her own chair to listen to me read. After I finished reading her usual bedtime book selection, she kept bringing me book after book to read. Needless to say, I don't think she was ready to take a nap.

She's currently laying by her door, probably in her usual way: paci in her mouth, fingers poking through her crocheted blankie, and holding Heavy Baby as she moves her feet across the door and groans her dying protests of going to sleep...

And now silence.

No comments: