Monday, August 20, 2012

Homemaking

While I was making this skirt...
Callie decided to do this...

and this...
I don't know if you can tell, but in the first picture of Callie, she's playing with marbles from one of the games she found in the hall closet (pictured above). In reference to the marbles, she kept asking me, "who's this?" (her current way of asking the name of something). After a few minutes of trying to say marbles (it sounded more like "margo") she decided to call them "mack". It was hilarious and so cute.

Later in the week, I made some freezer strawberry jam and Callie had a blast "helping" me by pulling leaves off the strawberries, rinsing them off, and cleaning the jam containers (a.k.a. playing in the water and bubbles).


You may be thinking, "wow, I'm impressed! You were so crafty last week!" But in reality I messed up the skirt in multiple ways (the partially made skirt was then shoved in a grocery bag out of frustration, and set aside) and the jam didn't really turn out...I was using a Pinterest recipe from someone's blog, but their 3 lbs of strawberries turned out to be significantly less than my 3 lbs, so it didn't set up. It was also a sugerless recipe, just using apple juice to sweeten the jam. Well, the apple juice did not sweeten my jam, so a couple days later I turned the sugarless recipe into a regular, sugerful recipe. It tastes much better now ;)

No comments: